When you first authorize vidIQ to be able to have access to your YouTube channel, you have to agree to a list of permissions. That list is long and sometimes after a while folks want to see what they agreed to again. To refresh your memory, here is that list in screenshot form (with additional information provided for each item).
Please remember that due to the way that YouTube/Google structures permissions, we have to request the ability to delete videos. We DO NOT include any tool in vidIQ nor do we have any back end tool to do so! You can read more on this topic here.
The vidIQ List of Permissions
(accurate as of 2019-10-30)
The details for each item (in order):
- See, edit, and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions - "This app wants permission to do anything you can do on your YouTube account. For example, it will be able to see, edit and delete your videos, playlists and subscriptions, rate videos, as well as post, edit or delete your comments and captions."
- View private information of your YouTube channel relevant during the audit process with a YouTube partner - "View your channel's private information that is relevant during the audit process. View if your YouTube channel is in good standing"
- View monetary and non-monetary YouTube Analytics reports for your YouTube content - "View monetary and non-monetary YouTube Analytics reports(e.g., views and earnings reports) for your YouTube channels and videos"
- Manage your YouTube videos - "Upload videos to your YouTube account"
- View your YouTube account - "View your videos and playlists. View your YouTube activity"
- View and manage your assets and associated content on YouTube - "View and manage your assets and associated content. View and manage your policies and rights for video content on YouTube. View and manage your references used in content claiming as well as uploading new references. View and manage the set of users within your organisation who can manage content on your behalf."
- View YouTube Analytics reports for your YouTube content - "View YouTube Analytics reports for your YouTube channels and videos"
- Manage your YouTube account - "View and manage your videos and playlists. View and manage your YouTube activity, including posting public comments"
- View content owner account details from YouTube. - "View the Content Owner name and ID associated with your account. View the contact details of the Content Owner associated with your account. View configuration details for the Content Owner associated with your account."