The developer console is a tool in your browser which stores a lot of information that could help us solve some issues that you may be experiencing.
If we have asked you to provide a screenshot of your developer console, here is how to do so in both Firefox AND Google Chrome:
Instructions for Chrome:
- For opening the console in Chrome, use this keyboard shortcut: Cmd + Option + J (on a Mac) or Cmd +Shift +J (on Windows).
- As an alternative, you could right-click on the webpage and click "Inspect," and the developers window will appear. Click the "Console" tab in that window.
- From here, you can take your screenshot of whatever you need.
Instructions for Firefox:
- To open the console on Firefox, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + K (on Windows) or Ctrl + Option + K (on Mac). The box will show up at the bottom of the browser window.
- As another alternative, under the header Tools in the Mac menu bar, navigate to the sub-menu Web Developer and select Web Console.